Beeke, Joel R.
This is an 'ebook'. It contains the same content of its equivalent hard copy (NOT A PDF) but is read on your computer, tablet or electronic book reader. View download instructions here for more information.
Note: You will receive a link to download your ebook after your payment has been processed (Orders are processed 8 am. to 5 pm., therefore, if you order after this time your “ebook” may not be delivered until that next morning).
Also Available on Amazon.com:
The essays in The Beauty and Glory of the Holy Spirit both exalt and revel in the third person of the Trinity. Through an assortment of studies - categorized according to their biblical, doctrinal, historical, or pastoral focus - this book sets before readers the inestimable ministry of the blessed Holy Spirit.
Contributors include David Murray, Geoffrey Thomas, John Thackway, Malcolm Watts, Gerald Bilkes, Michael Barrett, John Carrick, George Knight, Morton Smith, Ian Hamilton, William Shishko, William VanDoodewaard, Joel R. Beeke, Joseph Morecraft, Ryan McGraw, and Joseph Pipa.
Table of Contents:
1. The Old Testament Pentecost — David Murray
2. The Father’s Gift of the Spirit — Geoffrey Thomas
3. How the Holy Spirit Is Another Comforter — John P. Thackway
4. The Ministry of the Spirit in Glorifying Christ — Malcolm H. Watts
5. Precursors to Pentecost — Gerald Bilkes
6. The Outpouring of the Spirit: Anticipated, Attained, Available — Michael Barrett
7. The Cessation of the Extraordinary Spiritual Gifts — George W. Knight III
8. The Supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ — John P. Thackway
9. The Person of the Holy Spirit — Morton H. Smith
10. The Love of the Holy Spirit — Geoffrey Thomas
11. Regeneration and Sanctification — Ian Hamilton
12. The Sealing and Witnessing Work of the Holy Spirit — William Shishko
13. The Ordinary and Extraordinary Witness of the Spirit — Malcolm H. Watts
Historical Theological Studies
14. The Holy Spirit in the Early Church — William VanDoodewaard
15. Richard Sibbes on Entertaining the Holy Spirit — Joel R. Beeke
16. The Holy Spirit in the Westminster Standards - Joseph Morecraft III
17. John Owen on the Holy Spirit in Relation to the Trinity, the Humanity of Christ, and the Believer — Ryan M. McGraw
18. The Holy Spirit and Revival — John Carrick
19. The Holy Spirit and the Unique Power of Preaching — Joseph A. Pipa
The King James Version: Its Tradition, Text, and Translation — Michael Barrett
Joel R. Beeke (PhD, Westminster Seminary) is president and professor of systematic theology and homiletics at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary; a pastor of the Heritage Reformed Congregation in Grand Rapids, Michigan; editor of Banner of Sovereign Grace Truth; editorial director of Reformation Heritage Books; and a prolific author.
"What a rich compilation of studies is gathered together in this volume! The doctrine of the Holy Spirit is set before us in all its grandeur from biblical, doctrinal, historical, and pastoral perspectives, giving us a theological feast that is both attractive and satisfying. In these days in which the Spirit's ministry in the church is identified either with extraordinary phenomena or emotional experiences, this book guides us to a biblical understanding of the Spirit as the one who exalts the Incarnate Word through the written Word, and applies redemption to those for whom Christ dies. Enjoy the banquet." - Iain D. Campbell, pastor of the Free Church of Scotland in Point on the Isle of Lewis, Scotland