Beeke, Joel R.
This is an 'ebook'. It contains the same content of its equivalent hard copy (NOT A PDF) and is available in ePub or MOBI formats to be read on your computer, tablet or electronic book reader that accepts those formats.
Note: You will receive an email link to download your MOBI/EPUB EBOOK file after your payment has been processed. If you order outside regular bookstore hours, your EBOOK file may not arrive in your email inbox until the next business day.
The essays in The Beauty and Glory of the Holy Spirit both exalt and revel in the third person of the Trinity.
Through an assortment of studies - categorized according to their biblical, doctrinal, historical, or pastoral focus - this book sets before readers the inestimable ministry of the blessed Holy Spirit.
Table of Contents:
1. The Old Testament Pentecost — David Murray
2. The Father’s Gift of the Spirit — Geoffrey Thomas
3. How the Holy Spirit Is Another Comforter — John P. Thackway
4. The Ministry of the Spirit in Glorifying Christ — Malcolm H. Watts
5. Precursors to Pentecost — Gerald Bilkes
6. The Outpouring of the Spirit: Anticipated, Attained, Available — Michael Barrett
7. The Cessation of the Extraordinary Spiritual Gifts — George W. Knight III
8. The Supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ — John P. Thackway
9. The Person of the Holy Spirit — Morton H. Smith
10. The Love of the Holy Spirit — Geoffrey Thomas
11. Regeneration and Sanctification — Ian Hamilton
12. The Sealing and Witnessing Work of the Holy Spirit — William Shishko
13. The Ordinary and Extraordinary Witness of the Spirit — Malcolm H. Watts
Historical Theological Studies
14. The Holy Spirit in the Early Church — William VanDoodewaard
15. Richard Sibbes on Entertaining the Holy Spirit — Joel R. Beeke
16. The Holy Spirit in the Westminster Standards - Joseph Morecraft III
17. John Owen on the Holy Spirit in Relation to the Trinity, the Humanity of Christ, and the Believer — Ryan M. McGraw
18. The Holy Spirit and Revival — John Carrick
19. The Holy Spirit and the Unique Power of Preaching — Joseph A. Pipa
The King James Version: Its Tradition, Text, and Translation — Michael Barrett
Joel R. Beeke (PhD, Westminster Seminary) is president and professor of systematic theology and homiletics at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary; a pastor of the Heritage Reformed Congregation in Grand Rapids, Michigan; editor of Banner of Sovereign Grace Truth; editorial director of Reformation Heritage Books; and a prolific author.