Dabney, Robert L.
This volume was born in the midst of confessional discussion and change. Its contributors addressed themselves to different aspects of Christian confession with a view to speaking to the needs of a particular and a critical situation in the United Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A.
Table of Contents:
1. Scripture and Confession - Norman Shepherd
2. Confession and Covenant - Edward J. Young
3. Confessions of Faith at Caesarea Philippi - John H. Skilton
4. What Is a Creed For?-Some Answers From History - Paul Woolley
5. The Theology of the Westminster Confession of Faith - John Murray
6. The Creeds and Doctrinal Advance - J. Gresham Machen
7. The Broken Bands - Edmund P. Clowney
8. Confessing Jesus Christ - Cornelius Van Til
9. Roots of the New Theology - Robert D. Knudsen