These five beautifully illustrated hardbacks continue the Little Lights series and cover the lives of David Livingstone, John Calvin, Martin Luther, Eric Liddell and Mary Slessor.
- David Livingstone: The true story of David Livingstone and his astonishing journeys. What would you do if a lion chased you? Would you fight it? That's what David Livingstone did. He did many brave things. He didn't think twice about travelled to Africa to tell the people there about Jesus, even though it was a dangerous trip. To do all this David had to be brave - but he was brave because he trusted in the bravest person of all - the Lord Jesus Christ.
- John Calvin: The true story of John Calvin and the Reformation for young readers. When John Calvin was a young boy he was taught many things that weren't true - but when he discovered the truth about God and Jesus Christ it was a very exciting time for him. It was so exciting he could not keep this amazing truth to himself. God helped John Calvin to teach the truth and he became one of the men who started the Reformation.
- Martin Luther: The true story of Martin Luther and the Reformation. At the boarding school in Eisenach, Martin and his friends had to sing for their supper. Martin spent a lot of time thinking about how to get to heaven - he thought that he had to pray for hours on end, eat very little, work very hard and study a great many good books, in order to have his sins forgiven. However, as he began to read God's Word for himself, he discovered that the answer was not in doing these things, but by putting his trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Eric Liddell: 'On your marks, get set, Go!' The race begins and Eric Liddell thunders down the track. The crowd cheers him on. Eric Liddell has spent months preparing himself for the Olympics. But he has also spent years getting ready to serve God. Which is more important - winning a gold medal or honouring Jesus Christ? Can Eric do both?
- Mary Slessor: Mary Slessor was a fiery young red head who lead a tough life. From the slums of Dundee in Scotland she travelled to the wild jungles of Africa. Wherever she went she shared the good news of Jesus Christ. What was it like to work in a jute mill in Dundee or to work amongst warrior tribes in Africa? It was hard work, it was dangerous - but it was an adventure to be working for God.
Catherine MacKenzie has written several biographies for young teens in the Trailblazers series as well as other titles for younger children. She is Editor for Christian Focus’ children’s imprint, CF4Kids. Born and brought up in Scotland, her writing was inspired by her mum, children’s author Carine MacKenzie. Catherine has several nieces and nephews – a perfect practice audience!