‘The whole unfolding Let’s Study series is a must for every Christian home that is serious about getting to know the Word.’ — COVENANTER WITNESS
The letters of 2 Peter and Jude share several common themes and were designed to strengthen the faith of Christians who were being unsettled by false prophets and teachers within the apostolic churches. Both Peter and Jude show that the problem of false doctrine is nothing new among the people of God. By using examples and warnings from the Old Testament Scriptures they encourage their fellow believers to remain faithful to the gospel, to grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus, and to live in the light of Christ’s second coming.
Mark Johnston’s contemporary commentary shows that these themes are as relevant to Christians today as they were in the first century.
As with other volumes in this series, the value of the exposition is enhanced by the Group Study Guide which follows.
Table of Contents:
1. The Importance of Being Certain
2. God’s Great Provision for Our Greatest Need
3. Finding Certainty in Life
4. Our Reasonable Faith
5. A Clear and Present Danger
6. Those Who Play with Fire Get Burned
7. By Their Fruit You Will Know Them
8. Thinking Outside the Box
9. So, They Think God Has Forgotten?
10. The Difference a Day Makes
11. Keeping Both Feet Firmly on the Ground
1. Contending for the Faith
2. Warnings from the Past
3. A Warning about Spiritual Conmen
4. Built for Battle
5. The Glory of the Gospel