Lloyd-Jones, D. Martyn
The book of Hebrews was written to magnify the greatness of our Savior and the importance of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
In nineteen sermons, late pastor Martyn Lloyd-Jones unfolds the riches and beauties of the gospel message found throughout this unique book of the Bible. Using examples and illustrations that remain relevant today, he seamlessly connects the truths found in the book of Hebrews to the whole scope of God’s Word as he exhorts us to hold fast to our salvation and live according to the truth of the gospel.
Table of Contents:
1. Salvation—The Greatest Need (Heb. 2:1–4)
2. God’s Only Way of Escape (Heb. 2:1–4)
3. The Authority of the Gospel (Heb. 2:1–4)
4. Why Salvation Is Great (Heb. 2:1–4)
5. The Purpose of His Coming (Heb. 2:1–4)
6. His Death for Us (Heb. 2:8b–9b)
7. Two Views, Two Destinies (Heb. 2:8b–9a)
8. Not Ashamed of His Brethren (Heb. 2:9)
9. So Great Salvation (Heb. 2:10)
10. The Brethren (Heb. 2:11)
11. Fully God, Fully Man (Heb. 2:14)
12. Our Faithful, Unchanging High Priest (Heb. 2:17–18)
13. Full Maturity (Heb. 6:1–3)
14. The Pattern (Hebrews 8:1–5)
15. God’s Own People (Heb. 9:1–4)
16. Avoiding the Judgment to Come (Heb. 11:7)
17. If God Be for Us . . . (Heb. 11:8)
18. The Two Views (Heb. 11:13)
19. Unashamed of Their God (Heb. 11:16)
Martyn Lloyd-Jones (1899-1981), minister of Westminster Chapel in London for 30 years, was one of the foremost preachers of his day. His many books have brought profound spiritual encouragement to millions around the world.