I have enjoyed reading Warfield's presentation of theology. The introduction was hard to understand but Warfield has been helpful to understand theology.
B.B. Warfield is counted among the great theologians of the 19th century. As a Reformed, Evangelical scholar he approached the scriptures as authoritative. This volume is a collection of his writings on this topic of Biblical authority. He approaches the ideas of inspiration, oracles of God, and Canonicity. Some of his greatest writings are found here, useful for all who wish to defend the scriptures in a modern, critical world.
Table of Contents:
1. The Biblical Idea of Revelation
2. The Church Doctrine of Inspiration
3. The Biblical Idea of Inspiration
4. The Real Problem of Inspiration
5. The Terms ‘Scripture’ and ‘Scriptures’ as Employed in the New Testament
6. ‘God-Inspired Scripture’
7. ‘It Says:’ ‘Scripture Says:’ ‘God Says’
8. ‘The Oracles of God’
1. The Canon of the New Testament
2. Inspiration and Criticism
Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1887–1921) was professor of didactic and polemic theology in the Theological Seminary of Princeton, New Jersey. He was a pastor, biblical scholar, and eminent theologian