Anyabwile, Thabiti M.
Throughout the earthly ministry of Jeus, numerous people felt the weight of this world’s misery and sought comfort at His feet. In this book, P.B. Power comfortingly analyzes several Bible texts that mention Jesus’ feet. Because the feet of Jesus passed through the valley of the shadow of death and came out triumphant, those who fall at the feet of Jesus can be assured of His sympathy and rest in His all-sufficient care. At whose feet could we possibly fall that would supply such sustaining strength? May God help us daily to fall at His feet with adoration, devotion, and love!
Table of Contents:
1. The Feet of Jesus the Place for Helpless Misery
2. The Feet of Jesus the Place for Personal Ministration
3. The Feet of Jesus the Place for Personal Necessity (Jairus at the Feet)
4. The Feet of Jesus the Place for Personal necessity (The Syrophoenician at the Feet)
5. The Feet of Jesus the Place for Personal Necessity (Mary at the Feet)
6. The Feet of Jesus the Place for Personal Necessity (Mary at Jesus’s Feet)
7. The Demoniac Part 1 (How the Demoniac Came to be at the Feet of Jesus)
8. The Demoniac Part 2 (How the Demoniac Sitting at the Feet of Jesus)
9. The Demoniac Part 3 (The Man as Seen at the Feet of Jesus)
10. The Demoniac Part 4 (The Man as Seen at the Feet of Jesus)
11. The Feet of Jesus the Place of Personal Suffering
- The Feet Which had Gone About Doing Good
- The Feet Which had been Lovingly Tended
12. The Angels Sitting at the Head and Feet of the Place where the Body of Jesus had Lain
- Honor From Heaven for the Whole Rejected One
- The Presence of the Angels at the First and at the Second Birth of Christ
- The Address of the Angels at the Head and Feet Where the Body of Jesus had Lain
- The Speech of Jesus Surpassing that of Angels
- The Sitting Posture of the Angels at the Head and Feet of the Place Where the Body of Jesus had Lain
13. The Feet of Jesus the Place of Worship
14. The Feet of Jesus the Place of Comfort
15. The Feet of Jesus the Place of Manifested Glory
16. The Feet of Jesus the Place of Manifested Power
17. The Feet of Jesus the Place of Strength
"The Feet of Jesus is a virtual manual of spiritual growth; it pulsates with Christ-glorifying insight, spiritual comfort, and practical guidance. Power's book unveils as do few others the inestimable value of Jesus and His work both in His humiliation and exaltation. If you would grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ Jesus, pray for Mary's portion to sit at the feet of Jesus as you read this book." - Joel R. Beeke.
P.B. Power (1822-1899) entered the ministry in 1846, serving congregations in Leicester and Worthing until 1865. During the last 34 years of his life he was an invalid. He is most well known for his writings The 'I Wills' of Christ, the 'I Wills' of the Psalms, and A Book of Comfort, all reprinted by the Banner of Truth Trust.