Phillips, Richard D.
Most men don’t know how to date their wives. They did it before, but they’ve forgotten how, or they’re trying but it just doesn’t seem to be working. Justin Buzzard helps men re-learn this all-important skill from a position of security in the gospel of grace. As a father of three boys and husband to a very happy wife, Justin offers guys a helping hand, good news, and wise counsel, along with:
All types of marriages—good ones, mediocre ones, and bad ones—will experience a jumpstart as a result of hearing, believing, and living the message of Date Your Wife.
Table of Contents:
Part 1: THE GOOD
1. How Your Marriage Started
2. Who Invented Marriage, and Why?
Part 2: THE BAD
3. Where Marriages Go Wrong, Part I: The Husband
4. Where Marriages Go Wrong, Part II: The Husband’s Religion
5. Where Marriages Go Wrong, Part III: The Husband’s Action
Part 3: THE NEW
6. Where Marriages Go Right, Part I:The Husband
7. Where Marriages Go Right, Part II:The Husband’s Gospel
8. Where Marriages Go Right, Part III:The Husband’s Action
9. A New Dream for Your Marriage
10. How to Date Your Wife: Develop the Air War
11. How to Date Your Wife: Develop the Ground War
Part 4: THE PERFECT
12. Date Your Wife until Death Do You Part
Justin Buzzard (MDiv, Fuller Theological Seminary) is founder and lead pastor of Garden City Church in Silicon Valley. Buzzard is the author of Date Your Wife, writes about culture and the church at JustinBuzzard.net, speaks widely, and is part of the Acts 29 Church Planting Network. He resides in Silicon Valley with his wife, Taylor, and their three young sons.
“Whether you’ve been married a few days or 50 years, Date Your Wife is well worth the read. Justin Buzzard shows us the first step to loving your wife isn’t to try harder—it’s to be empowered by the gospel. Date Your Wife gives you biblical advice and practical tips that will transform your marriage.” - Jim Daly, President, Focus on the Family
“Finally here is a book to put in a man’s hands that doesn’t tell him ten things to do to meet his wife’s needs. Instead, Date Your Wife gives men a whole new paradigm for marriage: a paradigm of grace, freeing men to approach life and their wife in a whole new way. Once men understand this, everything changes.” - Paul David Tripp, President, Paul Tripp Ministries; author, What Did You Expect?: Redeeming the Realities of Marriage