The book of Philippians is about how to live with great joy and firm faith even when circumstances are hard. Written by Paul from his prison cell, it calls us to rejoice together as we shine gospel hope in a generation that does not know Christ. Dr Steven Lawson brings his trademark faithfulness, precision and passion to this wonderful letter.
This series takes you verse by verse through a book of the Bible in an accessible and applied way. It is less academic than a traditional commentary, making it a great resource for personal devotion, as well as useful for leading small group studies and sermon preparation. An accompanying Good Book Guide for small group Bible studies is also available.
Table of Contents:
1. A Personal Letter (1:1-2)
2. A Pastor's Heart (1:3-11)
3. The Indomitable Gospel (1:12-20)
4. A Man Ready to Die (1 :21-26)
5. Living for the Gospel (1 v 27-30)
6. High Call to Lowly Humility (2:1-11)
7. Sanctification 101 (2:12-18)
8. Service in Action (2:19-30)
9. Rejoice in the Lord (3:1-3)
10. Surpassing Value (3:4-9)
11. Right Christian Living (3:10-21)
12. Conflict Management (4:1-5)
13. Peace of Heart, Purity of Mind (4:6-9)
14. Living Above your Circumstances (4:10-14)
15. Gratitude, Glory, and Grace (4:15-23)
Dr Steven J Lawson is President and Founder of OnePassion Ministries and Professor of Preaching at The Master's Seminary in California. He preaches and leads preaching conferences around the world. The author of 24 books, Dr Lawson served as Senior Pastor of Christ Fellowship Baptist Church, Mobile, Alabama. He and his wife Anne have three sons and one daughter.