How do you prepare children for life’s ups and downs? How do you push back the harmful messages of our culture? How do you give your kids something better?
Whether you are a parent or a teacher, Starr Meade encourages you to impart a robust knowledge of God to your children from a young age, because a sound theology will prepare them for whatever life has in store. Our kids need to know God in order to grow in love for him and to live for him. When we teach the truths of Scripture to our children, we give them truth to love and live by.
Like math, grammar, piano, or soccer, God’s Word takes time to learn and understand. Where do parents and teachers begin? Starr Meade will guide you and your children into the core doctrines of the Christian faith. On your journey together, you will find that teaching kids about God deepens your own understanding. It’s never too late to learn, and there’s nothing better to give than truth.
Table of Contents:
Part One: Why Our Children Need to Know
1. Head First: Truth Is for Knowing
2. Truth: The Lifeboat for Future Storms
Part Two: What Our Children Need to Know
3. God: The Father Almighty, Maker of Heaven and Earth
4. God: As He Is, Not God as We Want Him to Be
5. Scripture: What Is Truth?
6. Humanity: “What a Piece of Work Is a Man!”
7. Jesus Christ: “But Who Do You Say That I Am?”
8. Salvation: What Must I Do to Be Saved?
9. The Church: At Home in the Household of God
10. God’s Law: Walking in the Truth
Part Three: How to Help Our Children Know
11. Rigor, Reading, Rote, and Balance: Some Foundational How-Tos
12. The ‘Grammar’ of Bible: Foundations of Teaching Bible to Children
13. The ‘Grammar’ of Doctrine: Have You Considered a Catechism?
14. Additional Help
Starr Meade served for ten years as the director of children’s ministries in a local church and has taught Bible and Latin classes in Christian Schools. She lives in Mesa, Arizona, where she is currently teaching classes to homeschoolers.