Sarfati, Jonathan D.
There are many opinions and subsequent interpretations on the Book of Genesis. What did the author of Genesis intend and how can we possibly know, or is the important thing only what the Bible “means to you”? In this book, Dr. Jason Lisle answers questions such as:
Is there one correct interpretation of the Bible, or are there many? Discover why alternative positions are rationally impossible. Unlock a powerful understanding of God’s Word and equip yourself with a reasoned defense against those who distort the Word of God.
Table of Contents:
1. That’s Your Interpretation!
2. The Bible as a Work of Literature
3. Exposing Faulty Methods of Hermeneutics
4. Me, My Bible, and the Holy Spirit
5. Types of literature in the Bible
6. Common Hermeneutical Principles and Fallacies
7. The Role of Logic in Biblical Interpretation
8. Logical Fallacies in Biblical Interpretation
9. The Bible’s Instructions on Interpretation
10. Application – Common Hermeneutical Errors
11. The Age of the Earth
12. A Case for Eisegesis?
13. Theistic Evolution
14. The Extent of the Flood
Appendix A: A Dialog with a Heretic, and a Defense of the Trinity
Appendix B: Formal Fallacies
Dr. Jason Lisle is a Christian astrophysicist who writes and speaks about science and the defense of the Christian faith. He earned his master’s degree and a Ph.D. in astrophysics at the University of Colorado in Boulder. Dr. Lisle currently works as Director of Research at the Institute for Creation Research.