Tongues! Signs! Wonders! Are they operative in the church today? Samuel E. Waldron builds a systematic case for the complete cessation of the miraculous gifts as well as the offices of apostle and prophet. Building an insurmountable argument step by step, he shows that the Bible is quite clear on this issue. If you are struggling to come to grips with what the Bible says on this most important and oftentimes confusing topic, then this book is essential reading.
Table of Contents:
1. The Question, The Readers, The Argument
Part 1: Apostles
2. The Apostles – Who Were They?
3. The Apostles – When Were They?
Part 2: Prophets
4. The Old Testament Prophets
5. The New Testament Prophets – Arguments for Their Continuation
6. The New Testament Prophets – Arguments for Their Cessation
Part 3: Tongues-Speakers
7. Tongues-Speaking and Tongues-Speakers
Part 4: Miracle-Workers
8. Miracle-Workers and Miracles
9. Has the Glory Departed?
Dr. Samuel E. Waldron is noted pastor, author and teacher. He holds a Th.M from Grand Rapids Baptist Seminary and a Ph.D from Southern Seminary in Louisville, KY.