Beeke, Joel R.
This is an 'ebook'. It contains the same content of its equivalent hard copy (NOT A PDF) and is available in ePub or MOBI formats to be read on your computer, tablet or electronic book reader that accepts those formats.
Note: You will receive an email link to download your MOBI/EPUB EBOOK file after your payment has been processed. If you order outside regular bookstore hours, your EBOOK file may not arrive in your email inbox until the next business day.
When the seed of life is sown in their hearts, God’s people grow up beautifully and gloriously.
Taking up this botanical analogy, The Beauty and Glory of Christian Living opens by discussing the divine roots of the Christian life in being united to Christ in faith, being sanctified by the Holy Spirit, becoming spiritually minded, and living by the means of grace. It then explores how our Christian lives branch out to influence our families, our workplaces, and the world. Finally, a series of chapters deal with weathering the storms of life, when we are pelted with affliction, sexual temptation, negative thought patterns, hard times, sickness, and death.
In all of this, we see a faithful God who causes His people to flourish for His glory.
Table of Contents:
Christian Living in Its Divine Roots
1. Living Out Our Faith: The Christian Life Inside Out—Michael Barrett
2. Living by the Spirit’s Sanctifying Ministry—Ian Hamilton
3. Living on Things Above: John Owen on Spiritual-Mindedness—John W. Tweeddale
4. Living by the Means of Grace: How God Beautifies His Children—Ian Hamilton
Christian Living in Its Human Branches
5. Living in the Family: Thoughts from William Gouge—Joel R. Beeke
6. Living in the Workplace: Following in Jesus’ Steps—William VanDoodewaard
7. Living Evangelistically: Biblical Motivation for Proclaiming the Gospel—Brian Najapfour with Josh Dear
Christian Living in Its Earthly Storms
8. Living in the Furnace of Affliction—Gerald Bilkes
9. Living Morally in a Sexually Immoral World—Brian Croft
10. Living Positively in a Negative Culture—David Murray
11. Living through Sickness and Death—Brian Croft
12. Living Hopefully in Hard Times: The Beauty and Glory of the Book of Judges—John W. Tweeddale
Joel R. Beeke (PhD, Westminster Seminary) is president and professor of systematic theology and homiletics at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary; a pastor of the Heritage Reformed Congregation in Grand Rapids, Michigan; editor of Banner of Sovereign Grace Truth; editorial director of Reformation Heritage Books; and a prolific author.
“There is something magnetic about these addresses as they present the attractiveness of the Christian life. They remind me of a definitive time in my life sixty years ago when I first read Dr. Lloyd-Jones’s Studies in the Sermon on the Mount. I was gripped with the loveliness of living a holy life. How beautiful is the life of poverty of spirit, mourning for sin, hungering and thirsting for righteousness, purity of heart, and being a peacemaker. This book has the same impact.” — Geoffrey Thomas, pastor of Alfred Place Baptist Church in Aberystwyth, Wales, and author of The Holy Spirit
“The Beauty and Glory of Christian Living is a storehouse of spiritual riches for all who desire to experience the fullness of Jesus Christ. The topics covered in these pages are well chosen, carefully addressed, and comprise a treasury of truth for every Christian. Get alone with God and read the book. You will be greatly helped in your growth in godliness.” — Steven J. Lawson, president, OnePassion Ministries, Dallas, Texas