You can believe with great intellectual integrity what the Bible says about Adam and the origin and history of man!
Though there are a growing number of books out on Adam, this one is unique with its multi-author combination of biblical, historical, theological, scientific, archaeological, and ethical arguments in support of believing in a literal Adam and the Fall. A growing number of professing evangelical leaders and scholars are doubting or denying a literal Adam and a literal Fall, which thereby undermines the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Last Adam, who came to undo the damaging consequences of Adam’s sin and restore us to a right relationship with our Creator. This book will increase your confidence in the truth of Genesis 1–11 and the gospel!
Table of Contents:
1. Old Testament Evidence for a Literal, Historical Adam and Eve
2. The Question of a Historical Adam: a New Testament Perspective
3. Adam’s Place in the History of the Church’s Theology
4. “Where Are You, Adam?” The Disappearance of Adam and the Death of Truth
5. When Was Adam Created?
6. What’s Lost in John Walton’s The Lost World of Adam and Eve?
7. Adam and the Image of God
8. Did Humans Really Evolve from Ape-like Creatures?
9. Neanderthals: Our Worthy Ancestors
10. Genetics Confirms the Recent, Supernatural Creation of Adam and Eve
11. Human Anatomy: Unique Upright Design
12. Human Anatomy: Unique Skills and Beauty
13. Evolution, Racism, and the Scientific Vindication of Genesis
14. Ancient Man — Genius or Primitive?
15. Humanity’s Shared History Reflecting the Truth of Genesis 1–11
16. Adam, Morality, the Gospel, and the Authority of Scripture
Terry Mortenson, Ph.D., grew up in Minnesota, was on staff with Campus Crusade for Christ for 24 years before joining Answers in Genesis as a researcher, speaker and writer. He and his wife, Margie, have five daughters and three sons.