Chediak, Alex & Marni
Though marriage is highly esteemed throughout Scripture, the Bible also affirms singleness as an important calling for some Christians. Redeeming Singleness expounds a theology of singleness that shows how the blessings of the covenant are now directly mediated to believers through Christ. Redeeming Singleness offers an in-depth examination of the redemptive history from which biblical singleness emerges. Danylak illustrates the continuity of this affirmation of singleness by showing how the Old Testament creation mandate and the New Testament kingdom mandate must both be understood in light of God’s plan of redemption through spiritual rebirth in Christ.As the trend toward singleness in the church increases, the need for constructive theological reflection likewise grows. Redeeming Singleness meets this need, providing encouragement to those who are single or ministering to singles and challenging believers from all walks of life to reflect more deeply on the sufficiency of Christ.
Table of Contents:
1. Begetting from the Beginning: Procreation, Marriage, and the Blessing of God to the World
2. Living in the Land: Why Every Israelite Man and Woman married
3. Prophetic Paradox: How Failure of a Nation Brings Blessing to the World
4. Good News for the Gentiles: How Abraham’s Offspring Come from Jesus Alone
5. The King and the Kingdom: Jesus’ Surprising Statements on Singleness and Family
6. A Charisma in Corinth: Paul’s Vision of Singleness for the Church
Barry Danylak, a PhD candidate at the University of Cambridge, holds graduate degrees in mathematics, Christian thought, and biblical exegesis, and is the author of several reviews and articles. he has a passion fro ministry to single adults and regularly speaks and teaches on biblical singleness.
"Finally! I’ve been hoping and praying for a book like Redeeming Singleness for years. With insight and clarity, Danylak has presented profound biblical and theological truth that can revolutionize the church’s understanding and affirmation of singleness. This book is a gift to God’s people, and the impact could be nothing less than incredible. Read it and rejoice!" - Steve Brown , author, A Scandalous Freedom: The Radical Nature of the Gospel; host, Key Life