Read / Mark / Learn is a small group Bible study series that is designed to equip people to study God's Word for themselves.
In an era that claims that the Bible can say what you want it to say, it is important to re-establish the truth that you just can't - if you explain the Scripture with honesty, fairness and in context. Each study establishes the context, aim, structure and lessons of the passage. It also shows links with the Old Testament and practical applications and suggestions. There are also conversational discussion starters and suggested questions for leading a Bible study.
This series of books is superb for personal study, and for helping those who teach the Bible to others. I've been getting a lot to give away to others now. The level is accessible, the reasoning clear, the application careful. Faithful and concise, never missing the big picture. Excellent.
- Mark Dever, Senior Pastor, Capitol Hill Baptist Church and President, 9Marks.org, Washington, DC
These studies are clear and concise - thoughtful and thorough. They pulsate with Luke's original purpose so evidently that each study is faithful to God's word and strongly application driven. I have no doubt that God will use them widely around the world to build up His church.
- Denesh Divyanathan, Founding Pastor of The Crossing Church in Singapore and President of Project Timothy, Singapore
Read Mark Learn has taught hundreds of us over the years to know our Bibles and our God better.
- Hugh Palmer, Rector, All Souls Langham Place, London
This volume arose out of the regular preaching ministry at St Helen's Bishopsgate, London, and its homiletical genesis is often apparent. The rising tendency to leverage sermons into material for small group study is wholly salutary, and this is a wonderful and helpful example of its kind. I hope it circulates widely.
- D. A. Carson, Research Professor of New Testament, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, Illinois
This series on Luke's Gospel will assist individuals and groups to understand what this part of the Bible is saying and the difference it makes to the lives of God's people. Behind these brief notes lies a patient, serious wrestling with the text by one who knows that God's word is good.
- Mark D. Thompson, Principal, Moore Theological College, New South Wales, Australia
Dive in, devour and delight in the wisdom offered in this essential resource for developing a thoughtful and biblical Christianity. In particular, this Luke edition balances sharp theological insight with precise invitations for discipleship and growth.
- Daniel Montgomery, Lead Pastor, Sojourn Community Church, Louisville, Kentucky