Murray, Iain H.
"All that Iain Murray writes is lucid, compelling and of consequence for the church." — GEOFF THOMAS
In London in the 1950s Martyn Lloyd-Jones gave a new meaning to ‘conferences’. For him they were not times for learned discussion, or for the reading of papers, but a means of awakening a younger generation to big spiritual issues. From such gatherings, preachers, in particular, would carry fire back to their churches. Following his mentor’s model, Iain Murray has sought, with others, to continue that practice.
Table of Contents:
Iain Hamish Murray, born in Lancashire, England, in 1931, was educated at Wallasey Grammar School and King William’s College in the Isle of Man (1945-49). From 1956 he was for three years assistant to Dr Lloyd-Jones at Westminster Chapel and there, with the late Jack Cullum, founded the Banner of Truth Trust in 1957. He left Westminster in 1961 for a nine-year pastorate at Grove Chapel, Camberwell. With the world-wide expansion of the Trust, Iain Murray became engaged full-time in its ministry from 1969 until 1981 when he responded to a call from St Giles Presbyterian Church, Sydney, Australia. Now based again in the UK, he and Jean live in Edinburgh.