When our Lord's disciples came to Him regarding prayer, they did not ask Him to teach them how to pray, but rather they asked Him to teach them to pray. Obviously even those closest to Christ needed to learn to pray. And so do we.
Here, some of our best Bible teachers and expositors give us instruction on prayer, from why we should pray, to what prayer is, how it ties in with God's sovereignty, what it means to pray in Jesus' name, what it means to hallow God's name, and why God is to be the focus of our prayers, not ourselves. These, and many other topics, are addressed in this helpful book.
Table of Contents:
1. Why Pray? – R.C. Sproul
2. Prayer as Worship – John MacArthur
3. God-Centered Prayer – John Piper
4. Hallowing God’s Name – Joel Beeke
5. Praying in Jesus’ Name – Steven J. Lawson
6. Seeking God’s Will in Prayer – W. Robert Godfrey
7. Prayer and the Sovereignty of God – Richard D. Philips
8. ‘Christian’ Prayer – Hywel Jones
9. The Concert of Prayer in the 18th Century: A Model for Praying Together – Michael A.G. Haykin
10. Effectual, Fervent Prayer – Phil Johnson
11. Prayer as Our Battle Cry – R. Bruce Bickel