A charge to women to recover what the feminist revolution has robbed them of: the God-given beauty, wonder, and treasure of their distinctive calling and mission.
The feminist revolution was supposed to bring women greater fulfillment and freedom. Yet women today feel anything but fulfilled and free because they have lost the distinctiveness and richness of their calling as women.
Now a movement is spreading seeds of hope, humility, obedience, and prayer-a call to return to godly womanhood-and its truth will resound in the hearts of readers through the powerful messages of Nancy Leigh DeMoss, Susan Hunt, Mary Kassian, Carolyn Mahaney, Barbara Hughes, P. Bunny Wilson, and Dorothy Patterson. Though each author approaches the subject of godly womanhood differently, a thread runs throughout that will instill joy and delight at the greatness of God's created order and the part he wants women to play in his grand, redemptive plan. Includes a study guide.
Table of Contents:
Part One: the Glory of Womanhood as Created by God
1. Femininity: Developing a Biblical Perspective – Carolyn Mahaney
2. True Beauty – Carolyn Mahaney
3. Daddy’s Girl: Knowing God as Father – Mary A. Kassian
Part Two: The Challenge of Biblical Womanhood in a Fallen World
4. Portrait of a True Woman – Nancy Leigh DeMoss
5. Becoming a Woman of Discretion – Nancy Leigh DeMoss
6. Pruned to Bloom – P. Bunny Wilson
Part Three: The Freedom of Women as Helpers
7. A Wife’s Responsibility to Help Her Husband – Barbara Hughes
8. Liberated Through Submission – P. Bunny Wilson
Part Four: The Joy of Women as Bearers and Nurturers of Life
9. How to Raise Feminine Daugherts – Susan Hunt
10. Nurturing Mothers – Dorothy Kelley Patterson
11. Older Women Mentoring Younger Women: Titus 2 in the Church Today – Susan Hunt
Nancy Leigh DeMoss is the bestselling author of Lies Women Believe. She is the host and teacher for Revive Our Hearts and Seeking Him, two nationally syndicated radio programs, heard nationwide each weekday. For more than 25 years, Nancy has communicated a burden for both personal and corporate revival in conferences and retreats. Her books have sold over one million copies. Serving with Life Action Ministries, Nancy communicates a love for the Word that makes the Scriptures come alive.